What we do: Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm & leading global market maker
No. of employees: Almost 2,000 colleagues globally
The good bits: Smart colleagues, flat structure, collaborative and inclusive environment
Hiring interns across all backgrounds, including Maths, Engineering, Science, Software Development, Actuarial Studies, Finance, Machine Learning and more.
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. With close to 2,000 employees in office locations around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve financial markets, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants.
Our best work is done together
At the heart of our collaborative culture, is our drive to continuously improve. You’re given significant responsibility early on and encouraged to challenge thinking from the day you start.
Our high-performance environment means you’ll be surrounded by best-in-class colleagues with a passion for problem solving. Yet, our intentionally flat and informal culture allows us to remain down to earth and approachable.
We're always curious and eager to learn. In fact, the more complex or niche a subject, the more likely we’ll want to understand it from the inside out.
Potential over expertise
We look for the strongest academic minds, combined with a motivation to succeed. You could have a degree as diverse as Mathematics, Actuarial, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or even Philosophy.
And because we recruit problem solvers from all degrees and backgrounds – no prior industry knowledge is required.
We believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. As an intentionally flat organisation, we’re focused on creating an environment where every person is supported to build, innovate and thrive.
- Gym memberships for staff to help stay fit and active
- Small group training sessions
- Weekly meditation and mindfulness sessions
- Daily breakfast and lunch are provided by our in-house chefs
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and vegan/vegetarian options for every meal
- Onsite barista
- Weekly in-chair massages for all staff
- Onsite shower facilities
- Plenty of teams and clubs to get involved in, from soccer, and basketball to cycling teams, and even rock climbing!
- Health challenges for charities, such as City2Surf and more
- An internal library - a quiet area, full of resources available to all staff
Giving back to the community
Optiver believe in giving back to the communities we come from and operate within. This drive for 'better every day takes a lot of different shapes, to give their people opportunities to support their preferred causes. Here are some examples:
- We have volunteer days for all staff, allowing our people to dedicate their time to the things they care for.
- We support Indigenous artists through the Artbank program.
- Each day, leftover food is donated to OzHarvest, ensuring it goes to those in need.
- We hold a Charity Vote every year, giving $20K donations to three charities voted for by our staff.
- We support the Movember campaign, which means a lot of furry lips (and fitness folks) during November.
- We promote blood donation drives, and fitness and wellness events.
- We have regular in-house trading sessions to raise money for nominated charities and causes.
- We donate books, toys and gifts to the Smith Family Christmas Appeal, and allow staff to give their Christmas gift to a charity of their choice.
- We're continuously adopting new initiatives to improve our impact on the planet, including sustainable coffee cups, selecting vendors with impeccable environmental credentials, and reducing our single-use plastics.
- We encourage staff to cycle to work, providing bike storage and free bike servicing services to reduce environmental impact and traffic on the roads.
- Our offices are in a 6-star green-rated building, and we work with Ecosave to monitor and optimise our environmental impact.